This post comes from Spotify’s blog.
Spotify, the ultimate music discovery platform, and SXSW Music Festival, one of the largest and most influential global music industry events of the year, have teamed up to bring the music of SXSW to people all over the world. Starting today, users can access Spotify SXSW genre-specific curated playlists on the Spotify SXSW 2017 hub in Browse on desktop and mobile. Fans can also access the Spotify SXSW genre-curated playlists within the SXSW GO app.
Spotify has integrated with the SXSW GO App to help users discover and explore over 2,200 artists performing at the 2017 SXSW Music Festival. Accessible through “Discover” in the SXSW GO app, the integration will include Spotify genre-specific curated playlists as well as curated recommendations for each day of the festival. Premium and Free Spotify users can also use the SXSW GO App to generate a custom playlist of SXSW performing artists based on their listening habits on Spotify.
The Spotify genre curated playlists will serve as a guide for users navigating the always incredible line-up of performances at SXSW. Here’s what you can explore on www.spotify.com/SXSW and within SXSW GO:
- 10 original SXSW genre-specific playlists curated by Spotify and updated throughout the festival, including:
- Lost In Austin: Country music and artists of SXSW 2017.
- SXSW HipHopUpNext: Hip-Hop’s next generation takes over SXSW 2017.
- The Rhythm: R&B and the Rhythm of SXSW 2017.
- SXSW DJ: Electronic Artists Descend on Austin’s SXSW 2017.
- SXSW Rocks: Because everything’s louder in Texas, here’s your SXSW 2017 Soundtrack of everything rocking in Austin.
- Austin Pops: Your guide to who’s hot in Austin, Texas during SXSW 2017.
- SXSW Latin: Don’t miss the hottest Latin indie acts performing at SXSW 2017.
- Roots Rising: SXSW 2017 artists on the rise – from acoustic and Americana to singer/songwriter and roots rock.
- SXSW Best Indie: The guide to all the best indie acts playing SXSW 2017.
- SXSW Fresh: Fresh Finds playing SXSW 2017.
- A daily curated playlist meant to serve as a guide to each day’s performing artists (available starting March 13, the first day of SXSW Music).
- A new original podcast entitled UNPACKED bringing together the biggest curators and tastemakers of our time including bands, filmmakers, producers, musicians, app developers, chefs, comedians and more. Through interviews with these tastemakers as they travel to cities around the world, UNPACKED gives thousands of fans exclusive access to follow along for the ride (available on the Spotify SXSW 2017 hub and “Podcasts” section of Browse on mobile).
“The SXSW Music Festival is at the forefront of music discovery where thousands of artists from around the world, from different genres and countries are met by music fans looking to experience and connect with these performers. As a platform for music discovery, Spotify is in a unique position to help open up this unmatched experience to music fans around the globe,” said Nick Holmstén, VP Content and Global Head of Shows and Editorial at Spotify. “We’re taking a new approach this year by curating content that is unique to SXSW and allowing Spotify fans everywhere to explore the music coming out of the festival. We hope to expand the magical aspect of discovery that occurs so often at SXSW, connecting artists and fans well beyond the confines of Austin, Texas.”
Helping Connect Superfans With Their Favorite Artists
What better place is there than the Live Music Capital of the World to reward superfans? Spotify has found the most passionate fans of a handful of SXSW-performing artists and will help connect them with the artists they love throughout the week. Superfans will receive special access to parties and performances and unique experiences from their favorite artists such as The Black Angels, Jidenna and Noname.
Wherever you are in the world, Spotify is bringing you SXSW. Whether you’re on the ground in Austin or keeping up from afar, this year Spotify is helping create a SXSW experience for everyone, everywhere.