Thanks to Postcron for putting this infographic together.
Find in this infographic all the sizes and dimensions you need to know in order to create the best images for your social networks.
- Facebook Profile, Page, Groups, and Events: Profile, Cover and Shared Image Sizes and Tips
- Instagram Account Picture Sizes.
- Twitter Profile, Cover, and Shared Image Sizes.
- Google Plus Images Sizes: Profile, Cover, and Shared Images.
- LinkedIn Image Sizes.
- Pinterest Image Dimensions.
Here is a review of the “Quick Tips” shared at the bottom of each infographic section about Ads and Posts for each social network:
- It’s not everything about a cool image, you have to think on your copies too.
- Always use Call To Action to invite your users to click on your ad, this will increase your conversion rate.
- If you’re going to invest on Facebook Ads, remember that your images must follow the 20% rule of text overlay. This means that, if your image has more than 20% text on it, it will show less to your audience, so probably you will be wasting money or time with that image.
- Include a Clear Call to Action: you can place a button on your image or a strong text link on the description.
- Use emotional words, benefit-oriented, clear and concise.
- Use bright images on Instagram, stand out with colors.
- Use Hashtags that matter to your audience, place them below your main claim description. Max 30 #
- Post Regularly: social media schedulers like Postcron, can help you with this point.
- Comment & Like, give some love to get some.
- Geo-Tag: Tag people and brands.
- Include a Clear Call to Action, words like: “Click Here”, “Download” and Hashtags related to your post.
- Keep Them Short and Interesting: tweets with less than 100 characters get more engagement.
- Use Images, Video or Twitter Cards to Drive Higher Engagement.
Google Plus Posts:
- Start with an awesome headline, this usually will display on Google search results.
- Add pictures that people want to share.
- Use Google+ Hashtags.
- Use high-quality images: make sure they´re well composed and in focus.
- Post a variety of compelling content.
- Post at optimal times of the day.
- Use high-quality images.
- Go for taller pins, vertically oriented pins look better on mobile screens.
- Pins with multiple images can work well, but keep it on 4 images or less.
- Minimize the amount of text, make sure you can read it on mobile screens, also make sure your description give context to your pin, and make it timeless.