The following post comes from Pandora’s blog.
Ever feel like you can’t find the right words to really capture the moment or what you want to say? We get it– sometimes, the only way to truly express yourself is through music. Available now in the App Store for iMessage, Pandora’s new sharing feature is bringing a collaborative and fun way to play, discover and interact with music directly in your iMessage chat threads. You send a track + they start a station = sharing a unique music experience together.
When do I use it? While you’re…
- Jamming out to your favorite Pandora station and discover a new song that’s fire: Open the iMessage extension and your current track will immediately pop up under Now Playing.
- At a loss for words mid-conversation, but know a specific song that totally sums up how you feel: Search Pandora’s entire catalog of music within the iMessage extension by typing the track name in the Search bar.
- Trying to set the mood, capture a moment, or express yourself… but you want to leave it to the experts: Pandora’s curators handpick share-worthy track suggestions that are perfect for discovering the right track in every situation.
What happens when I share it?
The person you shared the track with will be able to listen to a sample directly within your iMessage chat thread. If their taste in music is as good as yours, they can tap Start Station and dive right in to discover more from that artist and similar artists on Pandora. The Pandora feature will also offer a pack of 12 stickers that are perfect for reacting to the shared track—thumbs up, thumbs down, jam alert, or not—the stickers speak for themselves.
How do I get it?
- Make sure you’ve updated to iOS 10.
- Within a chat thread, select the App Store icon above the keyboard.
- You’ll see a grid view for apps you’ve already enabled–select the “Store” button on the top left.
- Toggle Pandora in the Manage tab, and voila! Let the exploration of musical expression begin.
What track will YOU share first?